Friday 28 September, 2007

Karan Arjun to Past Life Therapy

From old wives' tales to a Pyscho-therapy format. From masala for entertainment to tonic for the soul. From shlokas of Veds and Puranas to a Psycho-analyst's prescriptions. From pavement astrologers, tantriks and hypnotizers to AC chambers of licenced practitioners.

Punarjanam has had a punarjanam. A re-incarnation of re-incarnation!

Many are thinking twice before pooh-poohing the notion. Amongst many circles it is no longer being looked down upon as losers' talk and lazybones' alibis.

I have personally been a whole-hearted disbeliever in this re-incarnation thoery. To chak de fatte, I frankly have felt it's pure crap, shit and rot! I mean, what is the point of being punished for a crime I do not even remember or be rewarded for some good deed I have lost all memory of? How illogical can Dharamraj get?
My views underwent a subtle change about a year ago, when my granddad spoke to me about a yog-sadhna that can actually be used to recall one's past lives! And then came the Page 1 TOI report on PLT about a month or two back, and I was intrigued no end.

I wondered if it's merely an old-medicine-in-new-bottle type panacea for man's ever nagging query of the whys of his life.

But then as I think it over, I suppose this may well be something more colossal - both in terms of giving the oriental faiths a swig of science as well as handing a new lease of life to genuine psychiatric cases.

Wonder if I could give it a try myself! Any guesses what I could have been in my previous avtaar?

2 comments:

chirag sharma said...

I mean, what is the point of being punished for a crime I do not even remember or be rewarded for some good deed I have lost all memory of? How illogical can Dharamraj get?


I agree to each word of this paragraph. Sometimes I get confused with few things like this.

In the (Pratham Adhyay)Bhagwad Gita,Arjuna is filled with sorrow and compassion. He is in dilemma about killing his own uncles, grandfathers, teachers, maternal uncles, brothers, sons, grandsons. He gives a number of reasons from ‘Dharma’ and ‘Parampara’ for not fighting against the kauravas. The last reason Arjuna gives “If I Kill all the male members of my ‘Kula’, in absence of these men,the ‘Kul Parampara’ will be destroyed’,then the immorality will prevail,and women in the family become corrupt,and will give rise to ‘varna-shankar’ santaan.(illegal children)and will soon lead to destruction”.
Now Deepti don’t think that here Arjuna wants to say that ‘Women are Corrupt’ but he means to say that ‘women being vulnerable needs to be protected by the men in the Kula’. Like before marriage she needs to be protected by her father, after marriage she should be given protection by her husband. He is talking about that Period(You need not force this today).

Now to this(Adhyay-2) Krshn tells Arjuna that “Tum panditya-purna vachan karke un logon ke liye shoke kar rahe ho jo iske adhikari hee nahi hain” and then Krish gives him the discourse on Karma-yoga and then the whole gita –upadesh follows. So the Crux is ..”Gita Advocates the Crime to be punished in the same Janam to uphold the Dharma”. But the point you have raised causes confusion. I have been also confused about this. But after discussing with lot of , I concluded that to Uphold Dharma(righteousness) the criminal should be punished. Lets not wait for the next janam because then Arjuna should have also waited for their next Janamas.

I have some close friends who are Psychiatrists ,so before commenting further, let me find out the truths about PLT.And do not let anybody perform PLT on you.

COOLDEEPTEA said...

Oh dont you worry, I am not that big a scientist yet that I make a guinea pig out of myself. PLT can wait till kingdom come. That statement was meant to add a comic touch..wish blogger could introduce smileyes!