Wednesday 23 July, 2008

Muck and Dirt and Shit. Or just Politics

"As Lalu Yadav said earlier during the debate, many members of the house do not know much about the Indo-US civilian nuclear deal, I happen to be one of them." So admitted Mehbooba Mufti of People's Democractic Party.

Waah bhai waah! I have been hearing this sarcastic rendition since childhood - "Saari Ramayan khatam ho gayi to poochhte ho Sita kiski biwi thi?" (After the entire Ramayan was over, you asked whose wife was Sita anyway?). Never had I thought I would get such a live example of the same over National TV. Here is the entire country going gaga about the deal. Even the fruit vendor I came across yesterday was discussing the deal with me, and here we have an MP if you please, thumping her chest with affected, self-righteous honesty and exposing her utter ignorance. Aargh! What on earth do I say?

Meet Shibu Soren. A man accused of master-minding a murder. He now stands tall with the Coal Ministry probably in his pocket. There goes Amar Singh, being openly accused of buying MPs for money. Mr. Advani is so desperate for one term as PM he will touch lower and lower depths of dis-integrity. Man! I am tired of slapping my palm against my forehead.

Consider the utter, arrant, total, self-absorbing IDIOCY of our MPs - while just-out-of-high school Rahul Gandhi was making a speech about the stamina and fighting spirit of a Vidarbha widow Kalavati, the BSP objected saying her name was too close to the name of their chief Mayawati!!!!!!!!!! Imagine that the ruckus created over this forced the Lok Sabha to be adjourned for an hour and after it resumed, Gandhi had to refer to his heroine only as Mrs. Kala!!!!!!!! Have our MPs done a doctorate in raising non-issues? What did they think, this was a national circus going on where they were to act as clowns to provide tax-free entertainment to the gareeb junta?

61 years of Independence and here we stand. Atop a moral quicksand where truth gets sucked in so fast you hardly ever see it. Why has integrity gone out of fashion? Why aren't there any ideologies left? So right was Shashi Tharoor when he likened Democracy with Draupadi. Isn't she being mauled and insulted and raped everyday in front of and by its so-called custodians? Shame, shame on each one of us. Not one of us ought to spare himself the blame of bringing India down chin-deep into this horse shit.

Give me a break, someone! Please!

12 comments:

June Nandy Chaudhuri said...

Deepti,

On second thoughts, after rereading the "Quit to Win" I'd rather not blame US for this mess, because we've just started now.

Chal yaar, party float karen. The country is missing us.But prior to that we need to mobilise us. I'm definitely seriously serious about this.

Hey! your Poly Tricks rocks. I'm loving this.

COOLDEEPTEA said...

June, me serious about this too. Lets meet sometime. A real life 'Yuva' sorely needed!

chirag sharma said...

Lets form a Party with few upright and Morally strong individual.No need for lot of people,the masses will eventually follow the Righteous.

Shiv Khera has resently launched a party http://brsp.org/national_executive.htm

Satyamev Jayate
Chirag

June Nandy Chaudhuri said...

Thanks Deepti, Chiraag.

More please.We do need numbers. :)

If this is the seed, so let be it.

COOLDEEPTEA said...

I agree with June here. We need numbers. Akela chana bhaad nai phod sakta, as the muhawara goes. Concentrated, organized, well-planned and all-encompassing effort required.

chirag sharma said...

Go through the History of any Civilization,any society and any age,....its always Akela Chana(Individual Gram) that has phod dala(destrusted) the entire Bhaad.Beleive me,you just need to have full faith in Truth,take a cause and stand for it.But you need to be with the cause,no matter what.There will be hundreds of trad-offs people will come up with.You should not deviate.
Once you set an example,the masses will follow.It always happened...and its what will happen always.Masses never start a movement,its a very few individuals who have spines.
It always starts from your own home and family.You see anything Wrong happenning around,you should stand for the RIGHT ,no matter what is at stake.
The person who thinks about +ves and -vesis not appropriate person for such movements.The only thing one must think is ..."What is RIGHT and what is WRONG".
Somebody's drunkard father treats his/her mother badly,the first thing is to screw your own father.Do not think,what will happen to my mother,the reputation of family ,my own reputation.If you think this shit,you are a weak person.Better dont think about revolution.Better dont write about revolution.
Pick up people who have history of screwing their own people for the sake of Truth.They will be the strongest.
Pick up somebody who is in the Govt job and is transferred every 6 months.Do not take somebody who is respected by everybody(Good and Bad) in Office and Society as that person is just a "Feel Good" person.he will always keep trying to make everybody happy.
Pick up somebody who gets low marks in Viva and Practicals even though he is good at work.They are the gems.
Pick those who have been to the Court as an independent witness/complainant in atleast one criminal case.As I feel that somebody who says that all through his life he never witnessed any crime(eve teasing,forgery,dacoity,theft,pick-pocket,rape,incest,dowry harrasment,child labour,corruption,bribe,murder,threat)is a liar.He is not fit for revolution.

cheers

COOLDEEPTEA said...

Three cheers Chirag. That was an awesome presentation.
The inherent truth of your statement is not doubted.
But what I have said before is more from the organizational point of view.
If I want a national movement, I cannot float a party on my own, singly. Like-minded people have to come together. These people shall be each an individual in his own right. A team, if I may say so.

In India the political scenario is as such we need a full blown concentrated effort to stagger the deep seated muck. I do not foresee a few crackers doing that. An atomic explosion is needed for that.
In a more practical way, I foresee a political party with a sizeable number of honest and capable members - each member hand-picked, known for his integrity, strength.
Such a strong party that it can resist all kinds of backlash -violent or verbal from their rival political honchoes.

My wish is that some day the population of each constituency has at least one honest, clean candidate to vote for.

Please consider my remark about 'akela chana' in the above-underlined scenario.

chirag sharma said...

Yeah you are right, atleast to register a party with EC,you need affidavits from 100 Indian citizens solomnly affirming and taking oath that they are Voters and are not part of any political party refistered with EC.

My friend Shiv Khera recently registered one.He is quite excited about the same.

June Nandy Chaudhuri said...

Chirag

Well said. It was more about individual integrity which is to be sought after while picking up as you said.

You yourself admitted that we have to pick up the right people who have been wronged in the society. John Galt called this Flame Spotting.:) He also picked up his team to unleash its force later on.

What Deepti has mentioned is something akin to this. When you have to take on a system, you have to build a parallel system and then take on their lousy ideas pitted against your brilliant ones.

Deepti, it can be real exciting and fulfilling, don't you think? I can see the cause, I have the courage, I just need our team.

COOLDEEPTEA said...

I am feeling very heartened. Please mail me your contact numbers at s.deepti.s@gmail.com.

June,Chirag - I shall create another blog for these posts and invite you to be co-authors if you like to. We can then put up the blog on Digg it and try to see the response of readers.

Lets begin to look around for possible teammates.

Manish said...

oh mine! tell me Miss Blogwriter, Did YOU know about the deal to be able to decide you stand on it??
[while reading you on Ms Mufti, i was thinking that a woman's greatest enemy is woman herself!( that's so negative, and hard peevish me, i will admit.)]
But now i have overcome that thought on womenkind.:-)
The MP's are in real sorry state to discuss on academics oriented topics like the Nuclear Deal. more than the nuclear science, it is political science, international affairs that are deeply involved in the decision for the deal.And these two are varitably subject to opinions, in which many can be correct at the same time.
good that the newer thoughts prevailed over the old ones.

COOLDEEPTEA said...

"ell me Miss Blogwriter, Did YOU know about the deal to be able to decide you stand on it??"

Am I, at this moment, as Deepti Singh the blog-writer about to decide by my yeah or nay tht the nuke deal wil be passed or not? That excuzes me from not knowing each and everything about the deal.Trust me, if i were an MP about to cast my vote on the same, i would have done my homework.

As an MP, Ms Mufti ought to know enough. She represents the academically poor MPs you talked about.

"[while reading you on Ms Mufti, i was thinking that a woman's greatest enemy is woman herself!"

Above has me fogged. You think I was denigrating Mufti for her gender? Not I! And if you think that becoz im a woman like her, i ought not to criticize her, then again, Not I!