Sunday 17 August, 2008

God Tussi Remake Ho!

No, no, no. I have not wasted time, money and energy actually watching this. Nah, I have just donned the smart-alecky pants of a lazy reviewer and written this piece based on mere impression. Infact I shouldn't have bothered writing an original review at all. A copy-pasted one would have served this xerox alright.

If ever a movie screamed about being a re-make, this Salman flick does so. The title and the poster themselves gave me my first deja vu feeling. Amitabh has played Moragan Freeman so many times - basically because he is the only one in Mumbai who can do so - his doing so one more time gave me my second indication. And then of course there were the promos that did the rest.

I am way too tired writing the same things about the interesting concepts that Indian filmmakers have about intellectual property, creativity and originality. I am not going to waste any more web space. What I alreday wasted is useless enough. Cheerio, guys, and go watch Jim Carey again. And again.

7 comments:

June Nandy Chaudhuri said...

Well some of the latest crops are cool like Farhan Akhtar(Dil Chahta Hain..how I literally gorged on this) and then Shimit Amin (Chak De India..felt good really),and my favourite of all Amir Khan's Taare Zameen par. Things are not so bad Deepti.

As for Jim carey, only problem is that I get up the next morning with a tired jaw and a ever popping out eyes. Jokes apart..he is loud enough, don't you think so?? I like the subtleness of Johny Depp or for that matter Hugh Grant. Too good in humour.

Hey..Typo in Mor(a)gan Freeman. The 'a' goes off!!

My best.

viv said...

Aww..cummonnnn !!

I mean why can't ppl enjoy some good imitation..! Isn't that an art in itslf?

Yesterday only i watched bobby deol telling all with pride about sholey being a ripoff of a movie called umm.. erm.. uhoh.. i forgot the name..

There's just no appreciation around for art these days..! sheeh..

COOLDEEPTEA said...

:-D @ Viv

Manish said...

Now u watch Sajjanpur and write down some original review of an original work. i would love and just waiting for a review of this flick from U. :-).

Aparna (Life Takes) said...

Bruce was such a nice movie that nothing can come close to it.

Manish said...

Arrey blogging kyon banddkar di!?/ shaadi-waadi ko gaye kya?![:)]

COOLDEEPTEA said...

No and Yes, to answer both your questions in that order!

Check out the link My new web-house for my new blog.

And yes i got married :)